African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Social Development Officer – Apply Here!
Position N°: 50079244
- The Vice Presidency for Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery is responsible for operational relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programs, and activities.
- This will ensure that the Bank operates successfully across its Regional Member Countries and oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The regional development integration and business delivery hub for Eastern Africa oversees 14 regional member countries and five country offices. The country manager who is accountable to the director general for the Eastern Africa region leads the Burundi country office.
- The Social development Officer reports directly to the country manager, with technical oversight from the manager Agriculture, Industry and Human Development Division of the regional development Integration and Business Delivery Directorate for Eastern Africa.
- The Social Development Specialist will provide substantive technical and operational knowledge and support to the country manager Burundi Country Office to implement effective human capital development programmes/projects for poverty and inequality reduction.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should – Apply Here!
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions (The post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment)
- Only applicants who are nationals of Burundi or are nationals of member countries of the bank who already have a pre-existing legal right to live and work in Burundi will be considered for this position. The bank does not sponsor or support applications for work permits and relocation in relation to this post