JAMB Change Of Course And Institution 2019 Details – The moment the Joint Admission Matriculation Board, JAMB release their results several cases trooped in for different UTME candidates which would trigger them to be seeking on how to make a changes/correction to their choices or data filled while applying for the JAMB examination.
We urge you not to be panic as no matter what you want to know as regard JAMB change of course and institution would be treated here.
First, you need to know the reason why you would need to have JAMB Change of Course and Institution before you go through the procedure involved having the changes.
Reasons You May Need JAMB Change Of Course Or Institution
The Major reason you may need a change of course or institution are enlisted below:
- Low JAMB score not up to or more than JAMB cut off marks for the various course in a different institution
- You may have enough JAMB score to qualify for your chosen course or institution but lose interest in either the course or institution. For this reason, you could also be able to leverage the chance of changing your initial preferred course or institution.
- Making mistake while filling JAMB form and JAMB subject combination. The subject combination to study various course may vary. For example, if you’re to study Medicine and mistakenly or unknowingly you went ahead to fill in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics, it is certain you would not be given admission for Medicine as you suppose to put Biology instead of Physics. So, In order to avoid any institution to give you any course you didn’t expect then, you should apply for Change of Course.
If you’re a JAMB candidate who has already see his/her results and need to apply for JAMB Change of Course or Institution due to the aforementioned reasons or for some other reasons not enlisted, then you’re on the right platform to get the procedure you need to take in order to make the Changes a success before Admission process begins.
Change of Course/Institution Procedures
“You shall first Visit the JAMB profile page https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility_/ in order to begin applying the under listed procedures.”
- You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign-Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
- Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
- Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the sidebar or on the Home page as shown in the screenshot below:
JAMB Profile looks like this – Select 2019 Data Correction
- Once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed. Click this. See the example of the Menu below:
JAMB Profile – Data Correction Menu
- Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
- On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
- After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.
- Click Submit to complete your application.
- JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.