Admission news: JAMB set to Announce 2019 Cut-off Marks 

Admission news: JAMB set to Announce 2019 Cut-off Marks – The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB has disclosed that it has not introduced the nationwide and general minimal cut-off marks for placement of candidates into the nation’s tertiary institutions as being speculated in some quarters.

This was disclosed by the board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin in an interview with newsmen, on Wednesday in Lagos.According to him, there is no such thing as a fact behind such speculations.

He described the development because the handiwork of fraudulent parts with a ploy to defraud the candidates and suggested candidates not to permit themselves to be swindled by these desperate people which might be peddling this hearsay

He said that the cut-off marks may solely be decided after inputs have been made by the crucial stakeholders within the schooling sector throughout the policy meeting scheduled for days ahead.

Benjamin defined that the following policy meeting could be held on Tuesday, June 11, at Gbongan in Osun.

The spokesman noted that already, preparations for the meeting had been concluded, including that officers of the Ministry of Training had been anticipated to attend.

He said that it was solely after the policy meeting that candidates could be availed of the cut-off marks of the various tertiary institutions throughout the nation.

You May like this,

He defined that the cut-off marks are the minimal expectation for each institutions  and that doesn’t imply by attaining such cut-off mark, it, therefore, means an computerized placement into schools of first choice.

He stated that the cut-off marks could only be decided after inputs have been made by the critical stakeholders in the education sector during the policy meeting scheduled for days ahead.

Benjamin explained that the next policy meeting would be held on Tuesday, June 11, at Gbongan in Osun.

The spokesman noted that already, preparations for the meeting had been concluded, adding that officials of the Ministry of Education were expected to attend.

He said that it was only after the policy meeting that candidates would be availed of the cut-off marks of the various tertiary institutions across the country.

Updated: June 7, 2019 — 6:05 pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *