Head of Marketing, West Africa at Unilever
Job Title: Head of Marketing, West Africa
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
You are fully responsible for the end-to-end marketing process in West Africa, which is development as well as deployment. This includes, but is not limited to; Consumer Insight, Concept, Product, and Communication Mix Development, Research (which we try to keep to a minimum) and Media Buying .
- Develop and execute the Upfield Foods Marketing strategy in West Africa.
- Develop and drive long-term brand vision delivering, category and market share growth.
- Develop and implement brand marketing plans taking into consideration the local market and consumer insights as well as 12Q plan and full year activity plan.
- Optimising product assortment to fit market demands and introducing relevant innovations to expand the portfolio.
- Managing pricing strategy in order to drive profitable growth as well as savings initiatives.
- Driving aligned ATL and BTL communication in co-operation with local Customer Marketing and Sales teams.
- Ensuring all planned activities are executed to an optimal level and that key JTBDs are achieved and set KPIs are met in terms of trial, awareness and ROMI
- Responsibility for media/PR communication, campaign briefing and planning.
- Ensure accurate monitoring and controlling of Advertising & Promotion budget .
Skills, Experience And Qualifications
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful, with a proactive & goal orientated mind-set looking to break out from the status-quo.
- Proven ability to lead a multi-cultural, multi-country team across different time zones (a 9 to 5 mentality would not work here). Previous international experience is a must.
- Proven track-record of managing a total Marketing Budget; you are part of the team that owns the total P&L. Every cent saved, is a cent earned.
- You have a strong preference for working-media over non-working media.
- Strong business acumen and organisational awareness.
- Relevant experience with managing agency relationships (creative, research, media buying).
- Strong understanding of media buying or willing to quickly learn all ins-and-outs. Obviously, you do not need to do the media buying yourself, but you need to tell facts from and fiction.
- Track record of developing and deploying EFFECTIVE communication assets across all media channels. We want to touch the hearts and minds of our consumers, you will be our consumer advocate and marketing rock star!
- You love competitive pressure; you think outside of the box (what box!) You are part of a TEAM. And these teams are sacred. They are built on trust and mutual respect. And you respect that!
Your Personal Power! :- At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
How to apply
Interested candidates should;
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Date
18th November, 2018.
READ ALSO: General Job Recruitment Aptitude Test Questions & Answers Nigerian Graduates PDF Download