We are looking for an awesome individual to lead our Product Innovation. This is a very exciting and important role in our company. The individual would be integral to our strategy formulation and lead our product innovation end to end.
Job Title: Head, Product Innovation
The Product Innovation team owns the innovation cycle at Paga. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions that are valuable, usable, fit with our market and aligned with accomplishing the company’s strategic objectives and mission. We are also tasked with increasing the profitability of existing products and innovating internally to help other teams accomplish their goals.
As the Head of Product, you are responsible for developing and curating the overall product vision, leading the product team development, driving the product execution process, and cultivating an effective product development culture.
Developing and curating the overall product vision – defining and executing the product strategy to meet the company’s strategic objectives and long-term vision.
Leading the product team development – making the right recruiting decisions, training and coaching decisions to develop a team of great people that can execute the product vision.
Driving the product execution process – designing, implementing and overseeing the right processes to most effectively execute the product vision, and effectively working through and motivating the resources within the team to perform at high standards and in the same direction.
Cultivating an effective product development culture – developing fundamental principles, habits and ethics within the team that drive productivity and team satisfaction. A strong Product Lead will understand the value of a strong product culture.
Additionally, you must be someone who cares about others, relatable, trustworthy, takes initiative, calm under pressure, and have great communication skills – verbal, non-verbal, and written.
- Maximize business value from “the product” by driving revenue, profit growth and user satisfaction through the product.
- Develop a clear product vision and communicate that effectively and consistently to company executives and product development teams.
- Recruit, train and coach a team of product managers capable of effectively delivering the product vision.
- Own the overall product execution life-cycle to deliver product commitments on time and on budget
- Consistently engage with leadership to understand company strategic objectives and help guide strategy based on product realities and vice versa.
- Provide innovative thought-leadership on product functionality and broad product design
- Continuously review product innovation processes and refine as appropriate to drive productivity.
- Cultivate a motivated team environment and good working climate.
- Initiative and curiosity
- An appreciation for human centered design principles
- Market focused. Ability to understand business market drivers and how the product supports them.
- Strong technology background
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Strategic and tactical thinking with comfort moving between the two
- Ability to work well through others and effectively organize and motivate teams
- Ability to innovate business processes
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of organization
Knowledge And Skill Requirements
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Product management experience with a large technology solution
- Experience in project management and/or agile software development methodologies
- Experience leading a team and working effectively through others
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
How to apply
Interested candidates should;
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Date
READ ALSO: General Job Recruitment Aptitude Test Questions & Answers Nigerian Graduates PDF Download