Requirement for Admission into 3-Years NCE Regular Programmes
The joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) now advertises each year inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates for admission into all colleges of Education in the country.
The requirements for admission set out by college must however be met.
General Entry Requirement for direct Admission into 3 years N.C.E. programme.
Any candidate with one of the following qualification is eligible for consideration for direct admission:
- Teachers’ Grade II Certificate normally with a minimum of three credits or merits. Two of which must be in the subject the candidate wishes to study.
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) ordinary level or the school Certificate or Senior School Certificate with at least five passes at a sitting three of which must be at WASC credit level. Two of the credit must be in the subject the candidates wishes to study.
- The general Certificate of Education (GCE) ordinary level or the West African School Certificate (WASC) or SSC, with four credits at two sittings two of which must be in the subject the candidates wishes to study.
- Intermediate City and Guilds Certificates or Federal Crafts Training Certificate with the five passes, two of which must be at credit levels plus at least, a pass in Technical Drawing.
- General Certificate in Education (G.C.E) ordinary level passes in any five subject three of which must be at the WASC Credit Levels.
In addition to the college general requirement candidates must satisfy the following respective departments.
- Students who wish to offer English as a major have Credit/Merit English Language and at least, a pass in English Literature.
- Those who wish to offer physics, Chemistry, Geography or Economics must at least have a pass in Mathematics.
- Home Economic, Food and nutrition or family and Human relationship students must, at least have a pass in one of the sciences subject; Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
Accountancy/Business Management (Option): must have a credit in either Commerce or Economics.
Office Education/ Business Management:
Candidate must have credit eat G.C.E.O level or WASC in any of the following subjects, Typewriting, shorthand, Business methods, introductory, management, Commerce and Economics or a pass in Office practice and typewriting.
Physical and Health Education (PHE):
Candidates with grade II teacher certificate (Passed) with credit/merit in P.H.E and a pass in any of the following General Sciences Health Science, Agric, Science, biology, Chemistry and Physics, G.C.E O/L holders with credit in any of the following Science subject: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Integrated Science, Health Science, may also be considered for admission into NCE PHE.
Requirement for Admission into NCE Sandwich Programme
The NCE Sandwich course is for duration of five contact sessions Candidates admitted for the programm will be required to attend a ten-week contact term per session during each long vocation. During the remaining part of each session, student will be required to submit assignments/project as scheduled by their department.Read also: Practice Free online CBT test for 2018 UTME
Applicants for admission should normally be serving teachers in recognized schools any may possess any of the following qualifications.
- The Grade II Teachers with Credit or merit in two combinable subjects.
- The GCE ‘O’ Levels WASC or SSC with five passes at a sitting, two of which must be at credit level and combinable.
- Associateship Certificate in Education
- Flat Grade II Teachers Certificate with at least five years post qualification teaching experience.
- UNILAG DLI 1st Batch Admission List 2016/2017 check list here
- UNIPORT Pre-degree Admission In Faculty of Humanities & Education 2017/2018 How to Apply
Accounting and Business Management: Office Education/Business Management:
The GCE (O/L) WAEC or SSC what at least passes in the five papers at a sitting tywo of which must be at credit/merits in the under listed subjects or teachers Grade II with at least two credits/merits in any of the under listed subject or RSA II or Pitman Examination (Intermediate) with passes in any two of the under listed Account, Commerce, Typewriting, Shorthand, Introductory Management or Business methods, Office Practice or Secretariat Studies Economics and Mathematics.
Teachers Grade II Certificate or WAEC/GCE ‘O’ level, or SSC with at least five passes at a sitting. The passes must include one of the following: Chemistry, Biology, Physics General Science, Integrated Science, Health Science and Agric Science, plus a credit pass in Home Economics afn any other subject.
Fine And Applied Arts:
Candidates must have credit in Fine art or planting and Decoration or WASC, Grade II, GCE (O/L). SSC, City and Guilds or any other similar qualifications.
- Candidates should have credit/merit in Music at WASC, Grade II, GCE ‘O’ Level or any other qualification or a pass in the department aptitude adn auditioning test (practical and written in Lieu of credit/Merit passes in Music at the Teachers Grade II Certificate examinations G.C.E. ‘O’ Level or the WASC Examinations.
- A pass in Music at the Teachers’ Grade II certificate Examinations or WASC/GCE ‘O’ level, or SSC plus a pass in the department audition (practical and written) test in Music.
- The Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (ABRSM) London Grade ii/iii/iv/v/vi/vii/viii/ theory certificate in Lieu of credit/Merit passes at the Teachers’ Grade II Certifcate Examination, GCE ‘O’ Level or the WASC or SSC.
Credit/Merit in social strudies or in any two of the following Economics, Geography, Government and History.
- Primary Education: Grade II Teachers certificate with at least three years post qualification teaching experience and a success in special Departmental aptitude, auditioning test practical and written) in Music.
- All candidates must have at least a pass in English Language at Teachers Grade II Certificate or WASC/GCE ‘O’ level SSC or IJMB.